• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this enclosure ok?

airforcewife86

Hello. I am still rather new to this awesome hobby so I am not that great at creating enclosures. That said I have a 1 inch C. Versicolor baby arriving Tuesday. I want to make sure there is enough anchor points for the little one to web up and make a home for a bit :)

Attachments

• 20210110_121732.jpg
    20210110_121732.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 33

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The size & set up looks great, but what is the ventilation like?

First thing to take into account, is that versicolours need good ventilation, second is a 1 inch sling needs small ventilation holes, to prevent the versi from getting out.

airforcewife86

The size & set up looks great, but what is the ventilation like?

First thing to take into account, is that versicolours need good ventilation, second is a 1 inch sling needs small ventilation holes, to prevent the versi from getting out.
the holes aren't super big. it's an acrylic enclosure that has holes on the sides and the top. I have my A. Avicularia in this same enclosure only the largest one they have as it's a MM. I have my G. Pulchripes in this same type of enclosure only it's the other way and I got hagrid as a 3/4in sling and he couldn't escape. he is quite a bit bigger now and will be ready for the next size up enclosure in maybe the next 1 to 2 molts.

airforcewife86

Avics tend to web at the top of their enclosures, top openers can be challenging to not disturb their webbing
thanks for letting me know. there is some perfect space not near the top to make a lovely home so hopefully Nadja (lazlo if it ends up being male) will choose to do that my A. Avicularia chose not to make a home at the top. I glued a half log on the side of his enclosure and he went in there and made a lovely home. plus size I get to see him all the time!

Latest posts