• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is there a virus

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
Until Josh gives someone access to the ACP at both forum and server level, all the Mods can do is what they have been doing.

At this time, it looks like only @Enn49 does any moderating - she cannot be on 24/7.

I like this forum, and I like it enough to have offered help to Josh - but I doubt he even read the emails with my experience that I sent him.

His other forums are in the same shape as this one. One can't just create a forum and not maintain it. I find it sad, because a lot of people like this place.

PS- not dissing Josh at all, for the record. I know he's a busy guy.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not trying to "take over" or anything ike that... I am more of a lurker anyway.....

I just would like to browse and comment without seeing 3 pages of spammers when I log in.

Yikes.
Agreed, it pisses me off to no end sometimes. And Enn is an angel, I don't know how she puts up with having to manually delete 3 pages of spam every day. The other 2 mods are not participating in this forum at all. Except when they put up a for sale post. I tried to warn Josh about both of them and was ignored. He doesn't care about any of this.

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
I worked with Scoolman for many years, he's an excellent moderator - he has things going on that's keeping him inactive. Not just here, but everywhere he used to frequent/work.

As for the other one - I can't say anything.

I agree, @Enn49 does an excellent job, but NONE of the moderators should have to spend half their time on here deleting spammers one by one by one.................... I *know* how tedious and frustrating it is. It's annoying as h***.

By the time all the mess is gone after logging in, it's a wonder she posts anything of her own...

This is why nearly every moderator has disappeared.... they get tired of it. Day in, day out.... :(

That and the lack of communication with Josh. :/

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I emailed Josh the other day when the forum went down and he replied quite quickly. He's going to upgrade the server as the hard drive is full so I've asked him to try to do something about the spammers even if it's only a CAPTCHA.