• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my tarantula in premolt

rreflectionz

3 Year Member
IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG
Im wondering because it's been a short time but he hasn't eaten in a week,and hasn't drank any water.

jackys

3 Year Member
Could be... When mine refuse food but I'm not really sure if it's pre-molt, I usually just wait a week before offering food again. Over that time they might show more signs of pre-molt. But if I'm still not sure after a week, I'll offer something that I can very easily remove from the enclosure if refused (e.g., a meal worm with its head crushed- keeps them from biting too).

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Seeing a tarantula drink is a rare sight indeed. But ALWAYS have fresh water for them anyways. The food if you think there could be a chance that ur spider is going to molt soon then ALWAYS incapacitate its prey. If the spider decides to molt and prey is running around in there your tarantula would be a helpless snack for it. But usually in my experience my b. smithi just isn't hungry sometimes, but will eat a week later. so like jackys said. just try again in a week.

rreflectionz

3 Year Member
Could be... When mine refuse food but I'm not really sure if it's pre-molt, I usually just wait a week before offering food again. Over that time they might show more signs of pre-molt. But if I'm still not sure after a week, I'll offer something that I can very easily remove from the enclosure if refused (e.g., a meal worm with its head crushed- keeps them from biting too).

Latest posts