• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my tarantula dying?

Justin Lee

3 Year Member
Hello, so evidently this is a concerning topic, and I would like as much help as I can possibly get as quick as possible.

I came home today to find my little avic on the ground of its enclosure with its legs curled up tight under itself. There is water and food in the enclosure, but I'm still very worried about my tarantula's condition.

With all possibilities in mind, it could very well be an age thing, or maybe illness, but what are the chances of this guy bouncing back to a healthier state? It was roaming around fine just a couple of days ago. I'm not too sure what could have happened between the time of then and now to have gotten the tarantula where it is, but if anyone could clear up any of this, or share some advice, that would be greatly appreciated.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's a death curl. Theres not much possibility of helping one, once they're in a curl. If it has food water and plenty of ventilation, its probably dying of old age, or sickness. Its important to examine the spider after it passes, to try and find out why. Check the mouth and anus, around the book lungs. Any abnormalities?

Latest posts