• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my tarantula about to molt?

Alabamabones

So for a few days my tarantula has been sitting on a little web she made on the floor and she isnt as aggressive towards the crickets as usual, is she preparing to molt?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you, i had a feeling but had to make sure cause im new to taking care of tarantulas and im not sure of all their behaviours
A picture would help to confirm but I would immediately remove all the preys (crickets here) from the enclosure as they can arm or even kill your T while it’ll molt.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If your T is indeed in premolt and not eating please remove all food items, living or dead, and make sure it has access to clean fresh water

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Should i have the water in a dish?
Hello,
You have some great books about T’s husbandry basics, YouTube videos as well. I would recommend to get or watch a few, it is the perfect way to ensure that your T will have the best conditions to strive.

Latest posts