• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zarshenyu

Hello :)

My B. Albopilosum just molt 4 hours ago. When i bought him, the seller said that he is a big juvenile, size around 7cm. But i still bought it. I know that male tarantula tend to have shorter life span.

After his molt, I measured his old skin. And his DLS is about 11cm (photos attached).

At first the seller said my T can grow until 15cm. Then after this molt, i asked him again, and he said maximum size of my T is about 12cm.

So, my questions are:
- Did he just pass his ultimate molt?
- Did he just grow the hook? (photos attached)
- How long for male to keep alive after he is mature?
- Is there any difference life span between male tarantula that have been breed and not breed?

Thank you for your attention.

Attachments

• IMG_20190319_000547.jpg
    IMG_20190319_000547.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20190319_002457.jpg
    IMG_20190319_002457.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20190319_012920.jpg
    IMG_20190319_012920.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20190319_013109.jpg
    IMG_20190319_013109.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2019-03-19-01-32-31-582.jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-03-19-01-32-31-582.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39

Zarshenyu

Yes, it looks like he's hooked out, now a mature male but you could still have a few years with him yet unless of course you want to find him a lady friend..

Is there any certain years? Like, i look up on internet, there are various statement about the life span. Some said after the ultimate molt, they can live for 1 year. Some said 3 years.
This might be stupid question, but do the male life span can getting shorter after a breeding?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Is there any certain years? Like, i look up on internet, there are various statement about the life span. Some said after the ultimate molt, they can live for 1 year. Some said 3 years.
This might be stupid question, but do the male life span can getting shorter after a breeding?

There is no way to tell how long they will survive it can vary according to species but there are so many other things that can affect them.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You have about 3-6 months to breed him. After that no one will want him because hes not fresh. He many still live a few years....I have one that matured 2 years ago. He was breed and still kicking it. I find dwarfs to be the ones to die off quickly and some arboreal. Brachypelma seam to live a while.

Zarshenyu

You have about 3-6 months to breed him. After that no one will want him because hes not fresh. He many still live a few years....I have one that matured 2 years ago. He was breed and still kicking it. I find dwarfs to be the ones to die off quickly and some arboreal. Brachypelma seam to live a while.

Aah i get it. But, will female tarantula always eat the male after breed? Or is there any difference life span between unbreed and breed male?
Thank you

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Aah i get it. But, will female tarantula always eat the male after breed? Or is there any difference life span between unbreed and breed male?
Thank you
The Male doesnt always get eaten. It can get away on its own or you can assist it. Lifespan of a Male that has been breed or not doesnt matter. When it's their time to go thats it.