• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my spider dying a slow death??????

Rob

3 Year Member
My spider has been in the start of his molt for about 4 days now. He went from on his back to on his side with all legs up above his body. I have had a time lapse camera to capture the event and the only movement is slight twitches every once in a while over 8+ hour cycles. I have boosted humidity and heat with no improvement. My male is about 5 years old and has been doing great up until this molt. What do I do? Taking it to a vet is not an option.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You don't say what species he is but at 5 years old it is possible he may be coming to the end of his life. Once a male T matures it is very rare for them to moult again successfully. In your shoes I'd just leave him in peace, I know how hard it is having to just watch them slip away but at least he won't suffer and will end his days where he's been happy.

Telson

3 Year Member
Hes probably trying to molt again and dying. Some mm spiders do that. 4 days is a long time...I would probably put him in the freezer. Sorry for your loss..

Latest posts