• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is My G.Rosea in Premolt or Dying?

Skullknight

3 Year Member
I'm really worried about my G.Rosea. She is 8 yrs old and has only molted one time since I've had her. Due to this I'm not fully certain if she is or not. Anyway, she just isn't acting normal at all and I'm not sure if she is dying or in premolt. She won't eat (which isn't uncommon for her), is lethargic, less active than normal, and most of the time sits in a semi-death curl position. However, I'm questioning if it is the actual death curl due to the fact that her abdomen is still huge and not deflating. But the legs curled under her 90% of the time is freaking me out. She has been like this for 3 days now. She has plenty of water, which she is actually next to in the pics I have provided. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm just really worried because this isn't normal. Last thing in the world I want is for her to die due to something I could have helped prevent. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0309.JPG
    IMG_0309.JPG
    718.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 117

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That looks more like a stress curl than a death curl. Tell us more about her environment. Any changes recently?

LGTARANTULAS

3 Year Member
She is definitely stressed. There could be a couple of things that may be stressing her out.
Such as:
- You could be making a lot of vibrations in the room that's she's not liking ofc.
- It may be too bright and as from what I can see in the photo, she does not have a hide. Try placing a hide in for her to be able to relax.
- Make sure that the room temperature is perfect for her.
- Lastly that I can think of. Check to see if there are mites as these can kill your tarantula, but also be stressing it out. The enclosure is covered in poop from what I can see, so it's quite dirty. Try changing the substrate and adding more inches in depth for her to play with and dig around if she wants to. And add in a hide like I said.

Good luck! :)