• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my G. pulchripes dead?

Tyler Kuykendall

3 Year Member
She's in an ICU as we speak. I had her for 6 years, having gotten her at 2 inches in legspan. It's been a few weeks since she's last eaten.

She wasn't moving at all. She was by her water dish, which was empty (I went to fill up the dishes for all my spiders, which I do every few days).

Her abdomen didn't look shriveled, and it wasn't any softer than usual. I dampened the paper towel in the ICU and put a mini water dish in there.

IMG_4256.jpg
IMG_4255.jpg
IMG_4257.jpg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Was she in a death curl at all? Her abdomen doesn't look like she's dehydrated from what I can see..
When did she moult last?
@Casey K. Can I ask your opinion on this? :)

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh, and one other thing about dying tarantulas. If he or she dies and you fail to notice over 10-12 hours, rigor mortis will pass and you will get a flaccid T with a shrinking and putrid smelling abdomen.

So a death curl is really a sick or stressed curl until the legs can no longer extend with gentle prodding. I hope this helps.

Good luck with your pulchripes.

Latest posts