• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Information on molt please

Steve b

Hi i have a salmon pink he or she is in pre molt .she's not eaten for 2 to 3 weeks now she is showing no interest in food and her body is looking swollen and balding.does ant one know how long this will take .thanks steve

Attachments

• 16138276214795929356263402803165.jpg
    16138276214795929356263402803165.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Premolar indeed as per her skin coloration :)
She should molt very soon. Please ensure she has fresh water in her enclosure and try to disturb her the least possible. Once you’ll see her starting to web the ground beneath her she’ll be ready to molt. Do not offer anymore food and remove all live preys from the enclosure. Once she has fully molted wait a good 2 weeks before offering food again :)
Hope this helps, cheers.

Steve b

Premolar indeed as per her skin coloration :)
She should molt very soon. Please ensure she has fresh water in her enclosure and try to disturb her the least possible. Once you’ll see her starting to web the ground beneath her she’ll be ready to molt. Do not offer anymore food and remove all live preys from the enclosure. Once she has fully molted wait a good 2 weeks before offering food again :)
Hope this helps, cheers.
Thanks I will. I have put warter in the drinking area and not been feeding her .this is her second molt since I've had her . Last time she went in her hide and stayed there for a week. Thanks again

Latest posts