• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm worried about my T

Kylee g

Hi guys im new here and got a tarantula about 3 weeks ago, I've never had one before, and I think mines about to molt. And I don't know the gender but it's a Pink Toe and he's being really skittish lately and I'm worried, I looked it up and it said that it might die soon, he's never been so jumpy before and seemed pretty chill but I got home from school and he was pacing and I touched him just gently on the leg and he started running around really fast. Help

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi guys im new here and got a tarantula about 3 weeks ago, I've never had one before, and I think mines about to molt. And I don't know the gender but it's a Pink Toe and he's being really skittish lately and I'm worried, I looked it up and it said that it might die soon, he's never been so jumpy before and seemed pretty chill but I got home from school and he was pacing and I touched him just gently on the leg and he started running around really fast. Help
Can you post some pics so we can help you of your tarantula and it's enclosure?
Have you been handling this tarantula?
Sorry for the questions but just trying to help you :)

Kylee g

Can you post some pics so we can help you of your tarantula and it's enclosure?
Have you been handling this tarantula?
Sorry for the questions but just trying to help you :)
Nah actually thanks for the questions and I pat it sometimes and it seems to enjoy it but I haven't picked it up

Attachments

• 15997748236371614431894002061714.jpg
    15997748236371614431894002061714.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 15997748343506833145683700933070.jpg
    15997748343506833145683700933070.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nah actually thanks for the questions and I pat it sometimes and it seems to enjoy it but I haven't picked it up
No problem - best thing is not to handle it as tarantula don't understand what's going on it could end up falling and getting injured or die and you could also get bitten
From what I can see your enclosure isn't suitable for a pink toe - your set up is for a terrestrial tarantula (ground dwelling) pink toes are arboreal (tree dwelling) so you need something smaller but more upright like a tall container of some sort with plenty of ventilation holes on either side as pink toes need plenty of cross ventilation to survive - it will also need some cork bark positioned upright and plants so it feels safe and has somewhere to hide - and of course a water dish :)
What substrate are you using? as tarantulas should only have coco fibre as a safe substrate - hope this helps :)

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Along with what brachy said, when it comes to tarantulas, as long as your setup is correct. Chances are whatever behavior has you upset is just the t being a t. Provide food, water, and a good habitat, and the rest is just entertainment.

Latest posts