• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm sad

Lioth

3 Year Member
Very depressed actually.. I've recently seen a picture of a Antilles Pinktoe (a. versicolor), and I found it very beautiful because of its color.. seriously! After that I tried to check what the new world tarantulas look like. WOW! Nice color, less venomous than the old world ts.. so I decided to take a look at the old books here. -__________-' no new worlds huh? I said. Only in america or somewhere in Mexico? well.. that's nice.. my goodness, africa doesn't have those colorful stuff huh? ahhh.. right when I got excited.. of getting one..

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
well if africa had a New World, it would be an old world because africa is Old world lol
Africa still has some gorgeous Ts ; P.Muticas,E.Olivicea,P.Murinus,H.Maculata, just to name a few.

Lioth

3 Year Member
well if africa had a New World, it would be an old world because africa is Old world lol
Africa still has some gorgeous Ts ; P.Muticas,E.Olivicea,P.Murinus,H.Maculata, just to name a few.
Africa is a pretty big continent and the spiders you listed are not in West Africa, besides, H. Maculata also seems identical to the Calceatum. I do not plan on getting more old world since their numbers are decreasing, and they're dangerous as well. :< I just want a friendly new world, and chill with it at times. S. Calceatum is just too aggressive for me, I guess. But let me tell you a short autobiography of mine lol. :)

When I was a kid, I would always take care of true spiders a lot and let them fight. They were pretty beast and would never lose. Spider fighting is very common in our country. There was this day when my mom noticed that I love them arachnids while she was in Manila City (Capital of PH) and she told a workmate friend of hers to try and get the best fighting spider species in the Philippines, I guess. I was about 5 and I couldn't remember what I did. When it arrived I was completely shocked with the different kinds of colors in a neat leaf-kind of container for them (they're pretty great at making them). Perhaps because of my amazement I freed them in the leaves of my house, from what I've heard today. I probably knew that I wouldn't be able to feed them, haha! :] it's a cute story i guess. But I don't really have a bigger story than that. That's why I'm kinda unsatisfied, lol.

Latest posts