• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm only getting one

Ocho

A month later and I have 7 slings. (Quarantine made me do it) I'm hooked. Now to balance saving for a house and that strange itch I get daily to order more. Currently in my collection:
G. pulchra
T. albopilosum
C. cyanopubescens
G. pulchripes
B. smithi
L. parahybana
Hapalopus sp. Colombia
Definitely adding an arboreal or two before I slow down. Then again.... :T:
Looking forward to being part of this awesome community.

Redsycthe

A month later and I have 7 slings. (Quarantine made me do it) I'm hooked. Now to balance saving for a house and that strange itch I get daily to order more. Currently in my collection:
G. pulchra
T. albopilosum
C. cyanopubescens
G. pulchripes
B. smithi
L. parahybana
Hapalopus sp. Colombia
May I quote Forrest Gump "It happens". Kinda like you, I got 3,now I have 10. LOL I just ordered 3 more. My first OWs, it's a quarantine itch. Welcome, I know you will like it here. All great people, and good company.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
G. pulchra
T. albopilosum
C. cyanopubescens
G. pulchripes
B. smithi
L. parahybana
Hapalopus sp. Colombia
welcome to the forum and this wonderful hobby.

be warned!!!! we all said 'I will just have one'.... before you know it, your garage has been converted and they are stacked on top of each other!

This is when you know you are a full blown 'arachnoholic' and need help. Ha ha

Nice collection. Well on the way to AA (Arachnohilcs Anonymous) enjoy your furry friends :)

20200727_151155.jpg

thebookman10

G. pulchra
T. albopilosum
C. cyanopubescens
G. pulchripes
B. smithi
L. parahybana
Hapalopus sp. Colombia

I had exactly the same experience! I was already keeping some isopods and a mantis, but then I decided to buy a T. albopilosum for the heck of it. Now I have 10 more of the same species and size arriving Tomorrow from @Phil and 4 1 N.chromatus, N. tripepii, N. coloratovillosus and N. carapoensis arriving on Thursday! I have now promised to myself not to buy any more T's, and the itch to buy more will probably not appear for a while.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I had exactly the same experience! I was already keeping some isopods and a mantis, but then I decided to buy a T. albopilosum for the heck of it. Now I have 10 more of the same species and size arriving Tomorrow from @Phil and 4 1 N.chromatus, N. tripepii, N. coloratovillosus and N. carapoensis arriving on Thursday! I have now promised to myself not to buy any more T's, and the itch to buy more will probably not appear for a while.
welcome to the forum. Your spiders and enclosures are on there way pal. :)

As you can see from my pictures above, you have created a little gap for me to fill now. ha ha

thebookman10

Oh I didn't even know how many species were in the genus. T-Baby said in the post that multiples would equal less per individual spider so I was looking to purchase as much as I could for my money, so I bought all the Nhandu's as I had researched the genus before, and some people had said that they were great for novice keeper's.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are great. Wonderful display Ts and a hearty appetite! Easy to raise. Require very little. Great choice--although I don't recommend holding them. Their setae can be miserable.

Latest posts