• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm new and need advice

Soldier119th

3 Year Member
Hey everyone I just got my first pink toe and need some advice. I don't know the sex and I'm sure it's a spiderling. He has eaten but he hasn't made a hide or moved much I check on him a lot tho and he seems fine. It's humid in his enclosure and he has places to build a hid but he isn't. I think he's only 2 or 4 months. Any advice.

Attachments

• 1467392303833-1226399197.jpg
    1467392303833-1226399197.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can't see the T in this pic.

Almost looks like you've set it up for a terrestrial T, rather than an arboreal. Avics like lots of "stuff" in their enclosures, so it's like a tree, lots of branches and leaves and whatnot to anchor their webs to so they can make hammocks and tunnels.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey everyone I just got my first pink toe and need some advice. I don't know the sex and I'm sure it's a spiderling. He has eaten but he hasn't made a hide or moved much I check on him a lot tho and he seems fine. It's humid in his enclosure and he has places to build a hid but he isn't. I think he's only 2 or 4 months. Any advice.
Hello and welcome to the forum, like @kormath has already stated, for arboreal tarantulas it is best to have a bit of height and plenty of "stuff". If a spiderling, the enclosure may be a bit too big and prey may be hard to find. Do you have a pic of the spider at all? I keep my sling avics in storage containers with holes drilled at the top and around for cross ventilation. If very small, don't keep the tank too humid as believe it or not, the tiny ones effectively drown if too much moisture. Sounds like the T is doing ok though so maybe just fill the enclosure a bit more and then when bigger move to a taller set up. Hope you enjoy being a member of the forum, any questions just ask, great people on here ☺

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Almost like a where's Waldo picture, lol but I can see it about halfway up to the top of the picture at the corner near substrate....so cute! :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Btw, thank you for your service! My freedom is much appreciated! :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just need freedom of speech now huh Casey? Sorry, the Devil made me post that. Ha ha

Lol....you're fighting for that, too, huh??? Well, you tell the govt that I'm not getting my freedom of speech, either, Phil.....jk. ;)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nah....I need my boulder holder, lol. Gravity might start kicking in and I will end up with runny egg syndrome....you know how the egg looks after you crack it open but before the yolk hits the pan??? You get the idea, lol....
Ha ha.....you are so funny. I think my mind will be emotionally scarred for life now thinking of that vision.....no more runny eggs for me, hard boiled all the time now. Shame, I like dipping my little soldiers in the runny bits.:D

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ha ha.....you are so funny. I think my mind will be emotionally scarred for life now thinking of that vision.....no more runny eggs for me, hard boiled all the time now. Shame, I like dipping my little soldiers in the runny bits.:D

Lol....yep. I don't want that issue until after I'm 80 years old (no offense to elderly) .....at that time, I will be receiving implants. At least they will be runny egg bowling balls instead of flapjacks.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Bowling balls are not comfy though when you need to rest your head on some "naughty pillows". Just saying ☺

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Bowling balls are not comfy though when you need to rest your head on some "naughty pillows". Just saying ☺
You can't rest your head on flap jacks, either, now can you?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You can't rest your head on flap jacks, either, now can you?
True.....ha ha. Just have to kept doing the "I must, I must, I must improve my bust" exercises and then try to defy gravity. Was there a song about defying gravity? Oh, come on Phil, Just "let it go". ☺

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I try my best ;). Don't want flapjacks or bowling bowls remember
Funny, i was just listening to youtube music videos while doing hours of documentation here at work today - earbud in one ear, documents all over the multiple monitors, and youtube just background noise. There was something about not wearing bras actually exercises them to eliminate the flapjacks and bowling balls ;)

Latest posts