• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm getting my first GBB soon!!!

ALD

3 Year Member
Hello all,

I am new to Tarantulas. I have had all kinds of animals all my life, but never a Tarantula. I have always thought they
seemed like awesome pets. So, I am getting serious. I have been doing some research and looking at different species. I have settled on getting a GBB. I'm excited and looking to gather as much knowledge as possible before bringing him/her home. I have been reading The Tarantula Keeper's Guide. Super informative book. I look forward to learning a lot from this forum. If you have any first time tips on GBB's or Tarantulas in general- I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Ald, welcome to the forum and the hobby :). I haven't kept a GBB yet but there are lots of folks on here that have them and will be happy to pass on tips.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum and the hobby in general. Excellent choice for a first time tarantula owner. The GBB checks all the boxes (easy to care for, great eaters, colorful, heavy webbers).

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
My tip is to give it lots of fake plants and/ or other items to use as anchor points for its web and just sit back and watch it go! They make works of art with their webbing.

ALD

3 Year Member
I wanted to go ahead and update this thread- I posted elsewhere about it- but I got my GBB.
It's a young female. :) I adore her. I am super excited and I cannot stop watching her.
She is still settling in.

ALD

3 Year Member
I never posted a picture. Here we go!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180302_191257.jpg
    IMG_20180302_191257.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 37

Latest posts