• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Idiothele Mira.....blue foot baboon

jasoncharles

3 Year Member
HI. I am thinking of picking up a blue foot baboon, Idiothele Mira at a store tomorrow. Never had this species before but I do have some extensive experience with Old Worlds. Anyone out there can give me some advice on this species? Want to give it a good home and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
For a start you won't see much of it. I found with my little one (about 1" dls) that it seems to like building its trapdoor overlapping the water bowl so when I fill the bowl it immediately syphons out. I overcame this by giving it 2 water bowls one at the entrance to the trapdoor, the other about 1" away so it always has water.
They are great feeders, that trapdoor barely appears to move as it grabs a cricket. A fascinating T to keep if you can bear only seeing legs most of the time.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I discovered today that trapdoor number 2 has been constructed.
The first is over the edge of the original water bowl at the bottom of the photo and the new one is at the top showing legs. The plant has been pushed out of the way
DSCF1592 (3).JPG