• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ideas for a couple of under valued slings.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My sling viles are slowly starting to decrease & I have nothing that I really want as a sling, so I have been wondering what I should do.

The first option is nothing. But my A johnnycashi & H chilensis slings are very slow growing & it's nice to have something a little faster growing, if only to keep my interest going.

The second option is to buy something on my want list. But it's a small list of mostly hard to find T's & none are currently available.

Which brought me to idea three. Just buy a couple of random slings. Something I currently don't have. Something that is under valued, maybe cheap, Something not on most peoples want list. I know from my P cancerides, that popularity has nothing to do with the quality of T. So I thought I would look this way.

Any ideas? The criteria is simple. An under valued species.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My sling viles are slowly starting to decrease & I have nothing that I really want as a sling, so I have been wondering what I should do.

The first option is nothing. But my A johnnycashi & H chilensis slings are very slow growing & it's nice to have something a little faster growing, if only to keep my interest going.

The second option is to buy something on my want list. But it's a small list of mostly hard to find T's & none are currently available.

Which brought me to idea three. Just buy a couple of random slings. Something I currently don't have. Something that is under valued, maybe cheap, Something not on most peoples want list. I know from my P cancerides, that popularity has nothing to do with the quality of T. So I thought I would look this way.

Before answering the question, what are you raising currently?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We have several different Gramastola, a few Aphonothelma, the usual Brachypelma's, A couple of pokies, a 2 cambridgei, 2 European Tarantulas, (C olivaceum.) I nearly always buy slings 2 at a time. A T blondi & stirmi. A Versicolor, an avic, avic. A pink bloom, (P platyomma) a couple of GBB's. An OBT, a hati haiti & an L parahybana.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We have several different Gramastola, a few Aphonothelma, the usual Brachypelma's, A couple of pokies, a 2 cambridgei, 2 European Tarantulas, (C olivaceum.) I nearly always buy slings 2 at a time. A T blondi & stirmi. A Versicolor, an avic, avic. A pink bloom, (P platyomma) a couple of GBB's. An OBT, a hati haiti & an L parahybana.
That makes it easier for recommendations, now I will recommend Neoholothele incei (either color form).

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have just put an order into spiderworld.eu as they had what I wanted.

1 X Neoholothele incei
1 X Neoholothele incei Gold
1 X Cyriocosmus sellatus
1 X Thrixopelma pruriens

Plus another Tliltocatl albopilosum Nicaragua sling, mainly because I could. Plus we ordered my wife a couple more including a Nhandu tripepii Female & a Nhandu carapoensis sling.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

1 X Neoholothele incei
1 X Cyriocosmus sellatus
1 X Thrixopelma pruriens

Plus another Tliltocatl albopilosum Nicaragua sling, mainly because I could. Plus we ordered my wife a couple more including a Nhandu tripepii Female & a Nhandu carapoensis sling.
I am of the opinion that a collection is not complete without at least two T. albopilosum. Nice adds by the way.

Phobik1

3 Year Member

1 X Neoholothele incei
1 X Cyriocosmus sellatus
1 X Thrixopelma pruriens

Id love a T. Pruriens myself.
OMG a N. Tripepii too.
Joo gut good tase mang!

Joelle

[/QUOTE
thrixopelma ockerti is a very beautiful under rated species that grows pretty quickly and ends up with a gorgeous pink booty! and after a molt! Striking!

Latest posts