• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I was down to 7 small slings.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Having rehoused a few of my slings over the past couple of months into larger enclosures. I was down to just 7 small slings & then I spotted an advert on preowned yesterday evening. Someone very local to me was selling 2 X T albopilosus, (Nigerian,) slings. 1 X Lasiodora striatipes sling 1 X Lasiodora difficilis sling & I X LP juvie, all for £20.

So now I am back up to 11 small slings again:)

Chatting on the doorstep, I found the person selling the T's was interested in getting some hissing roaches & some Bean weevils. So I have now offered her a colony of Bean Weevils (free) & will sell her some cheap Hissers too. It seems only fair after the great bargain she gave me.

Oh & I did not realise that Brachypelma albopilosum, had become Tliltocatl albopilosus. I thought it was a simple swap of Brachypelma fot Tiltocatl. So now I need to rename my already renamed Tliltocatl albopilosum.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wow that really was a great deal!! Hard to come by deals like that here. It was very kind of you to give her the weevils free. :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Having rehoused a few of my slings over the past couple of months into larger enclosures. I was down to just 7 small slings & then I spotted an advert on preowned yesterday evening. Someone very local to me was selling 2 X T albopilosus, (Nigerian,) slings. 1 X Lasiodora striatipes sling 1 X Lasiodora difficilis sling & I X LP juvie, all for £20.

So now I am back up to 11 small slings again:)

Chatting on the doorstep, I found the person selling the T's was interested in getting some hissing roaches & some Bean weevils. So I have now offered her a colony of Bean Weevils (free) & will sell her some cheap Hissers too. It seems only fair after the great bargain she gave me.

Oh & I did not realise that Brachypelma albopilosum, had become Tliltocatl albopilosus. I thought it was a simple swap of Brachypelma fot Tiltocatl. So now I need to rename my already renamed Tliltocatl albopilosum.
nice score. Watching them grow is awesome.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
7 small slings...you just got bored. Be honest! LOL LOL LOL

Sort of, yes. It takes so little time to feed & care for slings that, it was taking more time getting sorted or clearing up. Plus more mealworms get used with more than 7 slings & thus fewer get wasted.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sort of, yes. It takes so little time to feed & care for slings that, it was taking more time getting sorted or clearing up. Plus more mealworms get used with more than 7 slings & thus fewer get wasted.
I know where to send 450 slings from a sac next time! ha ha