• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I Need to Start Charging Rent...

VanessaS

3 Year Member
There was a post on the Canadian Tarantulas group on Facebook from a guy not far from me. He was selling a portion of his collection - those he had duplicates of. I couldn't help myself and picked up his juvenile female B. albopilosum tonight. She was a steal. She was burrowed in deep when I got her, but was out and about when I got home. It must have been the car ride.
Hopefully she is just like my Chloe was and will eat everything that the rest of them refuse.
_DSC9212-2.jpg

VanessaS

3 Year Member
He has a really nice collection and he isn't getting much response - only a couple of us showed any interest. Most of them were beyond my comfort level, but there are very experienced people in this city.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't get it really. I don't know how someone could part with them when they have raised them from wee spiderlings. I would rather skip the entire spiderling experience and get them all at this size. I guess it is my gain again.
I miss my Chloe a lot. I hope this girl turns out like she was.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
They are one of my favourites too. I think that many people pass them over because of their 'beginners' label, but I would always have one regardless. They are stunning looking, darling tempered, and scoff down everything given to them. What's not to love?
She was buried deep down this morning, but in a little cavern that I could see her in - she has no way out that I can see. I would say that she were moulting, but the previous owner kept track and told me she moulted on March 19th.
All I saw was this adorable fluffy bum and two legs this morning.
:D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@VanessaS It was the constant digging of those tunnels that first hooked me, it was fascinating watching them scurrying around down below. Now that they're bigger they are just as adorable.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree, the way even when they are tiny they act like little bulldozers, spent hours watching my zombie dig, have to admit,
visually it was one homely T, attitude more then made up for it and its getting cute now, least its dark and doesnt look like zombie flesh anymore ^^
I think I will always have at least one of these guys :D

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are one of my favourites too. I think that many people pass them over because of their 'beginners' label, but I would always have one regardless. They are stunning looking, darling tempered, and scoff down everything given to them. What's not to love?
She was buried deep down this morning, but in a little cavern that I could see her in - she has no way out that I can see. I would say that she were moulting, but the previous owner kept track and told me she moulted on March 19th.
All I saw was this adorable fluffy bum and two legs this morning.
:D
My girlfriend wakes up to that sometimes.......the adorable fluffy bum bit......lol

Latest posts