• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help lads...

IneedhelpwithmyT

So I have a Nhandu chromatus, and well I live in Ireland, it is very hard to keep a room temp above 15 degrees celsius.. And I know she needs a better heat source than a small pad that offers minimal heat, what can yall recommend?
The enclosure is a moderate size (off the top of my head) it's 30 cm long and about 17cm in width, thanks for the help guys!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
First welcome to the forum.

A small pad about half the length of your enclosure & about half to three quarters of its height on the back, should be all that you need. That allows your T to escape the pads warmth, if it wants to, by digging down in the opposite side of the enclosure.

NEVER use a heat pad under a T's enclosure, they burrow to escape heat, so can end up being cooked by the pads.

I live in East Anglia & don't use any external heating. But one thing that you can do to keep the temperature more stable, is place your enclosure within a larger one. It is what I do for my slings. I keep my sling vials all together in a well ventilated container.