• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I love my OBT

Ny0ka

20230204_192121.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The girl in my avatar was my first ever T, sadly no longer with me but I have 3 youngsters to watch grow into big beauties.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
And they come in different flavors, I believe, Enn49 has some if my faulty memory serves me right.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
And they come in different flavors, I believe, Enn49 has some if my faulty memory serves me right.

They do indeed.
I currently have a sling and a juvi Red Colour form (RCF) and a sling Usambara Mountain Variety but there are more. I did have a Tete (Chocolate or BCF) but it sadly died.

There are:_
TCF: typical colour form named after the colouration of the type, different pale beige colouration, sometimes with a greenish sheen, long setae on legs and abdomen pale pink.
RCF: red colour form. Long and short setae red/orange, often sold as P. mamillatus or P. spp. "usambara"
UMV: Usambara Mountains variant. Probably a natural intergrade between TCF and RCF (but more close to TCF). Their coloration is more intensive yellow/pale orange than TCF.
DCF: dark colour form. Coloured general darkgrey, partial black. Carapace gold/yellow with dark radial striae - those are not as intensive as P. murinus TCF. Rarely seen and not in the hobby. The abdominal pattern are the same in all colour variations."

Ny0ka

They do indeed.
I currently have a sling and a juvi Red Colour form (RCF) and a sling Usambara Mountain Variety but there are more. I did have a Tete (Chocolate or BCF) but it sadly died.

There are:_
TCF: typical colour form named after the colouration of the type, different pale beige colouration, sometimes with a greenish sheen, long setae on legs and abdomen pale pink.
RCF: red colour form. Long and short setae red/orange, often sold as P. mamillatus or P. spp. "usambara"
UMV: Usambara Mountains variant. Probably a natural intergrade between TCF and RCF (but more close to TCF). Their coloration is more intensive yellow/pale orange than TCF.
DCF: dark colour form. Coloured general darkgrey, partial black. Carapace gold/yellow with dark radial striae - those are not as intensive as P. murinus TCF. Rarely seen and not in the hobby. The abdominal pattern are the same in all colour variations."
So what colour form would you say mine is?

middy74

Welcome beautiful T I've got a af and 3 sub adult I'm hoping to pair them when l see a mature male. I love the obt great tarantula I also love my juvi gooty.