• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I have no idea...

rénee

3 Year Member
Hey everyone, it has been quite awhile since i have been on here. I have a lot going on, and things have been good with the critters.. Except for the past few weeks my male(or at least we think its male, but now were having doubts)scorpion is either very fat, or is perhaps pregnant..? I honestly don't know, from what i have researched being fat and pregnant look pretty much the same..

Basically in about November or beginning of December the 2 scorpions got into a real nasty fight and i separated them(The male(?) was trying to sting the female(?) and was cornering it, it wasn't pleasant. -which if the male is a female it would make sense as to why maybe she is attacking him?) Anyway i feed them each the same amount, which is anywhere from 2-4 crickets a week. The female(?) is a nice shape where the male(?) is getting fatter.. The plates are separating and seems to always come out of hiding and just sits out in the open.. (s)he is getting aggressive too.

No (s)he is not molting, they are complete adults and have done all their molts.

Is (s)he possibly dying, is this a sign, any tips or experiences or anything would be helpful.

Attachments

• 20160404_212522.jpg
    20160404_212522.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14

kenney

3 Year Member
Male will sting the female to slow her down, so he can possably avoid being a meal, sounds like she may be quite gravid