• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I hate spam....

Innova

3 Year Member
Well as always, every forum has spam around 9:00. All spammers should be bitten by every pokie in the world.
//http/ihatespamandthislinkdoesnotexist.com//

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I wonder why they're targeting this forum so hardcore? I'm on quite a few forums, but their really loading the T forum up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I wish I knew. I know a lot of forums have CAPTCHAs and we don't but the numbers have gone up by 4 times in the last few months.

user 666

3 Year Member
I wonder why they're targeting this forum so hardcore? I'm on quite a few forums, but their really loading the T forum up.

Some forums put a lot of work into spam prevention, only you can't see it because it's behind the scenes.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I wish I knew. I know a lot of forums have CAPTCHAs and we don't but the numbers have gone up by 4 times in the last few months.
Can we implement CAPTCHAs? I check tapatalk every morning and get excited when I see updated from the Tarantula forum, then I see its a bunch of spam which is disappointing.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Can we implement CAPTCHAs? I check tapatalk every morning and get excited when I see updated from the Tarantula forum, then I see its a bunch of spam which is disappointing.

I have asked Josh (Admin) but he's not been able to do anything.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I find it funny all these new memeber complaining about spam. Maybe this will help.
image.jpeg

user 666

3 Year Member
No. There's thing called time zones. And people on the opposite side of the world have a diffenrt time. Those are the people who clear the spam. Go complain the the US Adim for being a lazy bum

I run a bunch of Wp blogs and I keep spam from bothering visitors.

I also used to help run another forum. I wasn't admin and most of what the admin/owner did to fight spam went over my head, but I do know that users were rarely if ever bothered by spam.

In comparison, I set up email notification for this forum and I have to clean up my inbox every morning. I get about ten times as much spam from this forum as I do useful emails.

So yes, spam is a problem here.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I find it funny all these new memeber complaining about spam. Maybe this will help.View attachment 22118
Heaven forbid we have a civil conversation. I came to this forum to learn from experienced keepers, share my Ts, and enjoy a friendly atmosphere. Thanks for bringing a dose of hostility and side order of sarcasm. Dunno who pissed in your cheerios. The spam is annoying, I don't care about supplements, cleanses, or penile enhancement, I'm here for the tarantulas. If you have an issue with people sharing their discontent with a community nuisance, go be oppressed and stifled elsewhere. Maybe if you shared more openly, you'd be a less angry individual. It's not healthy to keep things bottled up, ask the spammers, they're all about health apparently.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry about the outburst. Wasnt cool of me to do. Wasnt having the best of days and ended up drinking(which wasnt the best idea in the mind state I was in.) again sorry to all who had to deal my nonsense.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
We were both guilty of that. I think we've all had bad days and snapped at one point or another. I certainly have many times. No hard feelings on my end, hopefully today is better than yesterday for ya.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We were both guilty of that. I think we've all had bad days and snapped at one point or another. I certainly have many times. No hard feelings on my end, hopefully today is better than yesterday for ya.

Thank you! Indeed it is. Woke up and seen all my new slings ate the dubias i droped in last night. It was their frist feeding with me. I'm also off of work so that helps as well,haha!