• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I got my GBB!!! (1st T)

ALD

3 Year Member
They say she is a confirmed female. She's about two inches (What is the correct way to measure them? Leg span or just body length?) She seems curious/nervous. Has been all over the tank. Lots on the side and lid. I have the substrate high, and I'm glad. She is making me nervous with the all the climbing.
The person Igot her from said she had not been fed recently. I am going to wait until midweek-ish and I'll go get her some Crickets. What would you suggest? Is that enough time to settle or should I wait longer.
No webbing yet. Just lots of hanging out on the sides and lid.
I'm so happy to finally have my first T :)

ALD

3 Year Member
Diagonal leg span is how you measure a T. Don't worry about the climbing around...Gbbs are much better climbers than most other terrestrial tarantulas. Once it has checked everything out it will start webbing it's fortress. Congratulations on your new T!!!
Thank you!!!
I am super excited and nervous at the same time hahaha. I want to take good care of her.
I am hoping she settles down soon.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congratulations on your 1st T, may she be the 1st of many :)

ALD

3 Year Member
So, I wanted to add an update, She is still exploring about and climbing. She is seeming more relaxed to me. I noticed tonight she has put down the tiniest bit of webbing. I will take this as a sign she is feeling calmer as well. I will try to feed her the end of this week and see how that goes. I know they are supposed to be good eater so I am hoping it goes well.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, I wanted to add an update, She is still exploring about and climbing. She is seeming more relaxed to me. I noticed tonight she has put down the tiniest bit of webbing. I will take this as a sign she is feeling calmer as well. I will try to feed her the end of this week and see how that goes. I know they are supposed to be good eater so I am hoping it goes well.
GBBs are savages come feeding time.