• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I found one and she's beautiful

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMG_3677.JPG
So this little beauty arrived today :) she's a 4-5" confirmed female (not by me) E campestratus. They're subtle but beautiful and I'll be honest I was surprised how hard it was to get hold of one.

Also now that I do have one of these delights I'm calling it a day (for now) on getting more Ts. Not going to be easy but until I move and get a proper room to house them all I can't keep adding

Euathlus sp red adult will be my only exception to this rule lol

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Also now that I do have one of these delights I'm calling it a day (for now) on getting more Ts. Not going to be easy but until I move and get a proper room to house them all I can't keep adding

Yeah... that's what we all say. And then Metalman will put up and ad for some incredibly beautiful perfect tarantula and you'll say to yourself, ahh... what's one more... :)

I reached the point of trying to decide which ones are my least favorite that I could part with to make more room for the ones I really want???

Your new spider is gorgeous. Congrats. I've never had one, but I've read that they are a great species. I hope you'll update us with personality observations as you get to know her.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah... that's what we all say. And then Metalman will put up and ad for some incredibly beautiful perfect tarantula and you'll say to yourself, ahh... what's one more... :)

I reached the point of trying to decide which ones are my least favorite that I could part with to make more room for the ones I really want???

Your new spider is gorgeous. Congrats. I've never had one, but I've read that they are a great species. I hope you'll update us with personality observations as you get to know her.

I don't think choosing what to part with will be easy. When they get bigger I could possibly get rid of a g pulchripes 2 versicolors and maybe 1 purpurea but that's only because they're multiple.

So far she's just exploring and had a big drink up but it's strange for her right now. I'm already excited for the first molt. The colours even now are a lovely pastal pink

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 32292 So this little beauty arrived today :) she's a 4-5" confirmed female (not by me) E campestratus. They're subtle but beautiful and I'll be honest I was surprised how hard it was to get hold of one.

Euathlus sp red adult will be my only exception to this rule lol
just wait until you see my updated for sale list ha ha

Turtlynne

3 Year Member
Lol... adorable! Agree about the suble coloring - mine is a little larger and appears leggier. I have decided (arbitrarily) that it must be a male - hid for a year and now continually cruising - prowl prowl prowl - what could he be looking? for... laughably I named him Pink when he was tiny

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMG_3712.JPG
Had her for a week now and i guess she's comfortable in this corner . She hasn't eaten but she's still nice and plump so no concern.

Latest posts