• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I feel like I let my girl down

NorseDad

My 3.5” female A. seemanni molted a few days ago. After 3 days, her molt was still attached to one leg around the last joint of the foot. Worried it would cause more problems, I took some surgical scissors and started to gently and slowly cut the molt off. I almost had it completely off when she suddenly bolted. Just a slight amount of resistance, and she popped the leg.

Now I feel like I messed up. I’ve never had a T with a stuck shed like that. I don’t think she’d have been able to get the molt the rest of the way off without intervention, but she lost the whole leg...

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I will remember that for next time. Thank you for the advice. I wish she didn't have to go through that just because I'm inexperienced.
Like @Enn49 has said it will be fine... You were trying to help her with best intentions and don't worry it will grow back :)
If any of your Ts drop a leg for any reason if you see any 'leakage' of fluids you can apply cornstarch to clot it and dry it up :)

Latest posts