• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Huntsman Spider Eats Possum

Mr. P

3 Year Member
This Giant Spider Literally Ate a Possum and the Photos Will Haunt Your Dreams
Kelly O'Sullivan,Country Living Sun, Jun 30 6:47 AM EDT

c1038dda961757675db4f310f766ebc6

From Country Living

After seeing a video of a swimming tarantula (watch it here, if you dare), I decided that summer was cancelled. "Surely things can't get worse," I thought, resolving to stay safely indoors until September.

Silly, silly me.

New photos of another eight-legged creature doing something terrifying just appeared on the internet and I think it's officially time to leave the planet.

Justine Latton recently shared two very disturbing images to "Tasmanian Insects and Spiders," a public Facebook group dedicated to discussing "the many and fabulously varied Tasmanian insects, spiders and other small invertebrates." (Side note: This group has more 6,000 members and that feels kind of shocking?)

Anyway, I haven't slept since seeing them.

(Warning: If you ever want to sleep again, do not scroll any further.)

(Seriously.)

(Last warning and then you're on your own.)

f133586673aab1313d2732fdfd6af7c7

We warned you.

Oh, you'd like a better angle? Say no more!

5676e7dd23b309de355ea3fba4ffb27c

Apparently, Justine's husband and a friend were fixing a door inside an old ski lodge at Mount Field National Park in Tasmania when they realized they weren't alone. The two men spotted this huntsman spider (which is about the size of a large adult's hand) hanging from the top of the door with a dead pygmy possum hanging from its fangs. Kay.

PaulaDebra

From Country Living

After seeing a video of a swimming tarantula (watch it here, if you dare), I decided that summer was cancelled. "Surely things can't get worse," I thought, resolving to stay safely indoors until September.

Silly, silly me.

New photos of another eight-legged creature doing something terrifying just appeared on the internet and I think it's officially time to leave the planet.

Justine Latton recently shared two very disturbing images to "Tasmanian Insects and Spiders," a public Facebook group dedicated to discussing "the many and fabulously varied Tasmanian insects, spiders and other small invertebrates." (Side note: This group has more 6,000 members and that feels kind of shocking?)

(Seriously.)

We warned you.

Apparently, Justine's husband and a friend were fixing a door inside an old ski lodge at Mount Field National Park in Tasmania when they realized they weren't alone. The two men spotted this huntsman spider (which is about the size of a large adult's hand) hanging from the top of the door with a dead pygmy possum hanging from its fangs. Kay.

From Country Living

Silly, silly me.

(Seriously.)

We warned you.

Thata a beautiful spider

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I
I guess that's a huge advantage us spider people have over them... I had my phormictopus sp. Green (like 4.5 or 5") ultra aggressive spider (threat posture everything) run up my arm recently while feeding and I laughed. Before I started keeping spiders may have been a different story
Had the same experience with my P. cancerides.