• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'll admit it, I have a problem with the desire of some in the hobby who like to talk humidity, rather than good husbandry which leads to the correct humidity. So I am willing admit it. I'm biased.

A few days ago I removed a thermometer & humidity gauge of unknown brand from an unused enclosure, I replaced the battery & placed it beside one of my weather stations. And what is interesting is the difference between the two. Temperature wise they are similar with only a few degrees in it, which is reasonable for two uncalibrated gauges. But humidity wise they are very different, 10% & more different.

My weather station is not a high quality one. I know it's a rough guide. But it is reasonable quality & I am starting to wonder if it's worth putting some of my other humidity meters that I have lying around unused there & looking at the difference between them all. I know it is not scientific & only a curiosity observation, as none of them are calibrated. But I am left wondering how accurate these enclosure humidity meters are.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@m0lsx I have 2 temp/humidity gauges in my room where the Ts are used only for the temperature which is usually about 2 deg F difference. Having read your post I checked the humidity readings and one gives it as 15 the other 23, they are just 8' apart.

Latest posts