• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humid environment and Grammostola

rattazana

Hello! Ive recently gained a huge interested and love for tarantulas and scorpions and after a lot of research, reading and watching various videos on youtube ive decided i'd really like a grammostola! Either a g. pulchra, a g. rosea or a g. potreri. The thing is grammostola are t's that love dry soil and feel uncomfortable with humidity. My house is very humid and our walls and ceiling is full of mold (we are currently cleaning it once again and hoping it won't come back). Would this factor influence the comfort of my t? or if i just give her enclosure good air circulation, a nice dry susbtract and just a water dish she will be a happy little creature?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
With all tarantulas good ventilation is s must, because lack of air circulation makes for a stagnant environment. As for enclosure conditions, you have the right idea.

However the moisture in the substrate and or water dish is more important than the humidity in the air.