• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humid enclosure

Deserthawk

hey
I just made a new enclosure for my brachypelma. I used coco husks as the substrate. The substrate is pretty damp and the humidity shown in the hygrometer is 84%. Anyway to decrease the humidity without having to remove my T from the enclosure??
Thanks

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A Brachypelma hates damp substrate. If you don't want to remove your tarantula you could remove the substrate from one half of the container and replace it with dry and the chances are the tarantula will move to the dry side so you can change the sub at the other side

Deserthawk

A Brachypelma hates damp substrate. If you don't want to remove your tarantula you could remove the substrate from one half of the container and replace it with dry and the chances are the tarantula will move to the dry side so you can change the sub at the other side
Thanks alot

Could you also help me finding the sex of the tarantula. Heres a photo of its old molted skin.

Attachments

• D8B38A20-CFC9-4C03-93E9-8BCD7779E249.jpeg
    D8B38A20-CFC9-4C03-93E9-8BCD7779E249.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • D7D49AA4-68D6-4850-828C-CF52E254D596.png
    D7D49AA4-68D6-4850-828C-CF52E254D596.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 39

Tnoob

This might sound like an odd idea, but it's really dry in my area. I can run a fan for a day or two and it does wonders for drying things. It's harder to fight high humidity when the temps high too. If you want to dry out run a fan in your reptarium for 16 hours at about 76 degrees F.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This might sound like an odd idea, but it's really dry in my area. I can run a fan for a day or two and it does wonders for drying things. It's harder to fight high humidity when the temps high too. If you want to dry out run a fan in your reptarium for 16 hours at about 76 degrees F.
doesn't sound odd at all. great suggestion.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
the give away is the flap between the air slits in the abdomen.... males have hooks & clubby pedipalps
The giveaway was actually the spermatheca present above the epigastric furrow between the book lungs. Also males only present bolus pedipalps and hooks when they reach maturity...and not all males hook out.

Tnoob

The giveaway was actually the spermatheca present above the epigastric furrow between the book lungs. Also males only present bolus pedipalps and hooks when they reach maturity...and not all males hook out.
Do you mean in general, or is it that some don't hook out by species?

Latest posts