• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how to lower temps?

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
my friend's N. chromatus had died due to the extreme heat. what can i do to prevent that from happening to me too? average temps here in the phillipines reach 34-36C :( (this summer)

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
i don't have the budget to get a small fan. :( can i mist him with cold water everyday? like, really small mistings so he doesn't get too much humidity. would that help? even at night. we get 29-30C still 1 degree higher than the care sheets for N. chromatus that i've seen. this is the hottest summer i've ever experienced. damn. i hope my T doesn't die on me.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
i don't have the budget to get a small fan. :( can i mist him with cold water everyday? like, really small mistings so he doesn't get too much humidity. would that help? even at night. we get 29-30C still 1 degree higher than the care sheets for N. chromatus that i've seen. this is the hottest summer i've ever experienced. damn. i hope my T doesn't die on me.
Well, the thing is, the effects of misting don't last long, and too much moisture is an invitation to mites. You could try placing the tank right next to an AC vent. Also make absolutely sure your T has 24/7 access to water. Hopefully you'll get more posts, someone might have more helpful ideas than I do.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just make sure you have good air flow in the room and keep it away from direct light. I hope some one has some better ideas.

I am so happy I have air conditioning.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here where I live it isn't uncommon to have a couple weeks or more in the summer to have temps 38C or high with 70% + humidity.

During those days you pretty much stay indoors, wearing as little as possible, praying the electricity stays on so the fans and AC will keep working.

Latest posts