• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to bulk ship slings....

jrh3

3 Year Member
How do breeders bulk ship, like second instar slings to wholesalers? Im sure they don’t separate over 100 slings. Anyone know the best way to pack?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How do breeders bulk ship, like second instar slings to wholesalers? Im sure they don’t separate over 100 slings. Anyone know the best way to pack?
They do separate them.. Doesn't matter if its 10 slings or a 100 slings :)
At second instar they usually will cannibalise each other so the sooner they are separated the better - of course this isn't the case with all species (m. Balfouri and other communal species) but even then for shipping purposes they need to be individually packed
This is why being a tarantula breeder takes much time and dedication and not everyone realises how much effort and time goes into making it a success :)

jrh3

3 Year Member
They do separate them.. Doesn't matter if its 10 slings or a 100 slings :)
At second instar they usually will cannibalise each other so the sooner they are separated the better - of course this isn't the case with all species (m. Balfouri and other communal species) but even then for shipping purposes they need to be individually packed
This is why being a tarantula breeder takes much time and dedication and not everyone realises how much effort and time goes into making it a success :)

ok, I thought i saw somewhere about bulk shipping, so someone packs 800 LP slings individually? Wow, more respect.

I paired my n. Incei gold last night so at least it won’t be that many slings haha.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ok, I thought i saw somewhere about bulk shipping, so someone packs 800 LP slings individually? Wow, more respect.

I paired my n. Incei gold last night so at least it won’t be that many slings haha.
As far as I know yes they are always sent individually :) I've seen breeders that have attempted to ship slings in one bulk lot together and every sling has died as a result (petko The dark den on YouTube)
Huge respect to any breeders out there the hobby wouldnt be what it is without them :)
Good luck with your incei's :)