• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How often shall I feed my salmon pink juvenile?

Bennyboy999

Hi there guys I brought my salmon pink about 1 month ago and yesterday for the first time he ate I give him 2 mealworms in the same day he was really hungry ate them both no problem is that to much I’m not sure how often should I feed my t I’m really confused I know they can go long periods of time without food but can someone help me how often do I need to feed my juvenile is it every week and how much or is it like daily ? And if its a week would you feed them for example 2 mealworms on the same day or would you spread one mealworm on one day and the other on the other day in that week if that makes sense ? Here is a picture of my T If it helps cheers

Attachments

• 371388B9-4580-4A64-9254-B1FC2D94CE83.jpeg
    371388B9-4580-4A64-9254-B1FC2D94CE83.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How often I feed depends upon the size of the crickets I have. From what I have read, the best way to see your T's is to keep them fed, but not over fed. Like that you are more likely to see natural behaviour, with them in the entrance to their burrow/hide waiting for any passing food. If they dig a burrow & my Lasiodora parahybana did, they can burrow it's self away from sight. Which is what mine did for the first few weeks of our ownership of it. It then molted underground & has been out much more since.

My L parahybana is not the biggest eater I own. And I try to remove any crickets within minutes if it does not eat them, as when they do eat, they are onto thier food very quickly & eagerly. I feed a standard cricket once a week or smaller crickets twice a week. My LP is around 3- 3.5 inches.

Colorado Ts

Hi there guys I brought my salmon pink about 1 month ago and yesterday for the first time he ate I give him 2 mealworms in the same day he was really hungry ate them both no problem is that to much I’m not sure how often should I feed my t I’m really confused I know they can go long periods of time without food but can someone help me how often do I need to feed my juvenile is it every week and how much or is it like daily ? And if its a week would you feed them for example 2 mealworms on the same day or would you spread one mealworm on one day and the other on the other day in that week if that makes sense ? Here is a picture of my T If it helps cheers
Here is what I've been doing.

Slings are kept in a glass front cabinet with a circulating heating system. It is set at 79.5 degrees, but the cabinet does not have the best airflow, so my temp ranges from 82.5 degrees as a high, down to a low of 77.5 degrees. In the cabinet, I keep all my slings, until they reach 2” to 2.5”. After that they are moved onto a shelf in the general room.

I feed my slings twice a week on Tuesdays & Fridays. Most of the slings eat, though as they approach a moult, activity and hunger seems to drop. And slings will stop eating for most any reason, I just sort of deal with it. Slings are fed based on size from fruit flies, to small crickets or small to medium roaches.

Adults are kept on shelves in the main room, which maintains a even temperature of ~75 degrees. The heat is radiant from the sling cabinet. I feed my adults once a week, usually Fridays.

Dwarf species usually get a cricket (medium large cricket) or two or a nice adult red runner.

Medium adults get 3 or 4 crickets, 2 red runners or a medium large Dubai.

Large species get 3 or 4 red runners or 2 or 3 large adult Dubais. I don't usually feed crickets to a large tarantula. I raise my roaches, but I buy my crickets...that adds up.

Those are the general guidelines that I follow. I do have tarantulas that I treat differently, for various reasons.

Last edited:

Latest posts