• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How Long Do They Take To Settle In?

Isilwen

3 Year Member
So, I fed my new Versicolor sling yesterday for the first time and twenty-four hours later and it has ignored the segment of mealworm that I offered it. The segment is in the same spot, but the sling has moved around some. Still in its web, which is where the segment is but doesn't seem interested in the segment.

How long do they normally take to settle in? It came via FedEx this past Tuesday.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I usually give them a few days after arriving before expecting much and don't be too disruptive by constantly checking on them

Make sure they are set up properly and have access to clean water

Don't sweat it if you don't see them eat on first attempt

Isilwen

3 Year Member
I usually give them a few days after arriving before expecting much and don't be too disruptive by constantly checking on them

Make sure they are set up properly and have access to clean water

Don't sweat it if you don't see them eat on first attempt

Thank you! Its enclosure sits on my computer desk which the area is pretty dark and the only movement is when I am on my computer like now. I "check" on it once a day where I really look at it.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They don't eat worms well...feed it a roach or a cricket. Prekill them by freezing it over night. They also...when young often don't eat right in front of you. Many times its during the night. Also there is a chance it doesn't look like it ate...but it did. Remove uneaten food after 24 hours.

Latest posts