• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How 'bout that heat!!!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's freaking February and I just had to power up my AC unit!!

I can't believe it's 80 degrees outside. My spiders are fine. The heat woke me up from my beauty sleep. At least I don't have to work tonight!!

<Insert explicit language here -- optional>

Of course, I also shut off all lights in the condo including the kitchen, cages etc. I'm glad I wasn't outside today and caught it before things get serious.

Even the cat kicked off the blanket she likes to sleep under. The freaking infamous humidity that Baltimore is known for is creeping up as well. The melting snow probably has something to do with it. That's my bedroom for crying out loud.

20180221_154905.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here in South Texas, it was 80 yesterday and 40 today. EVERYBODY is sick. You should see the ER every day, if it's not the flu, it's colds or upper respiratory stuff. Plus the dreary rain..crappy time of year. Im ready for spring.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's returning to normal outside but the AC is still on in here + the hallway is hot outside my door.

I went on Amazon and procured an upgraded digital thermometer that'll go between AC and heat without manual input.

The tarantulas depend on a constant stable interior temperature and swinging between 45 to 80 degrees each day isn't ok.

Sadly enough, it won't arrive until Monday. Hopefully the weather stabilizes once again.

Nunua

3 Year Member
Welcome to the Finland, folks! Ongoing week we had -25 °C (-13 °F) at night, -15 °C (5 °F) during the day here in down south :D Upcoming week will be pretty much the same.
My heaters are good, so I have 20-22 °C (68-72 °F) inside, but dear god the air is dry. RH% is only 11% so I realized that I have to go and get a humidifier for these coldest months.

Latest posts