• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How best to not disturb new mom with eggsac? Food/water?

Sharno

3 Year Member
Hi all,

After many, many years with tarantulas, I've bred my first pair. My b. albo (Honduran) produced an eggsac a couple of days ago after being paired a few months ago.

There's a lot of conflicting information around..and some things I have not come across. I know that it is important to absolutely not disturb the female now.

Do you feed or not feed? I have read comments that say stop all feeding because a rogue feeder can stress the mom.

What about water? She was/is a HUGE webber and I always have to go do some maintenance around the water dish to clear the area and refill the water. Again - keeping disruptions to a minimum - should I hold off on water as well since we're just looking at a month or so?

I can probably lower a new water dish down and fill it with little disruption, but I am thinking of putting her in a room alone and not even peeking in for the next three weeks.

Thanks!