• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Housing small slings?

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
What are your thoughts on housing small slings.Will providing a hide and deep substrate for them to burrow set them back growth wise while is the right thing to do. Have 2 of my slings sealed off straight after moving them in their new homes.The enclosures are not oversised.While sealed they dont feed and everyone wants them lil slings to grow faster.lol
Regards Konstantin

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi all
What are your thoughts on housing small slings.Will providing a hide and deep substrate for them to burrow set them back growth wise while is the right thing to do. Have 2 of my slings sealed off straight after moving them in their new homes.The enclosures are not oversised.While sealed they dont feed and everyone wants them lil slings to grow faster.lol
Regards Konstantin
This is what I do. They all make their own hideout and it looks like they like to do that.

1588253340328.jpeg

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Thanks for your responce.
I have similar substrate dept but have cork bark put at an angle and they both borrowed down to the bottom.Is it worth to put feeders in to see if they will come out to eat when sence the vibration or wait till they come out?.Both slings are not that small tbh as moulted recently and put on good size to them.P auratus is 6-7cm DLS and G Pulchripes is about 1.5 inch ish but not sure as still burrowed and cant see it stretched properly.
Regards Konstantin

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks for your responce.
I have similar substrate dept but have cork bark put at an angle and they both borrowed down to the bottom.Is it worth to put feeders in to see if they will come out to eat when sence the vibration or wait till they come out?.Both slings are not that small tbh as moulted recently and put on good size to them.P auratus is 6-7cm DLS and G Pulchripes is about 1.5 inch ish but not sure as still burrowed and cant see it stretched properly.
Regards Konstantin
I feed mine, I don’t see them often. I always am surprised when I see one about how big they are.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sometimes if it were not for live food disappearing, I would not know if that T were still alive or not. Our Pterinopelma sazimai & Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica being two good examples.

Latest posts