• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

U.K. Homoeomma chilensis

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am now looking for a Honoeomma Chillensis, (Chile Flame.) Formerly known as a Euathlus sp Red. Preferably a juvenile, although I will consider an adult female or a couple of slings if no juveniles are available. But preferably I want a juvenile.

The Spider Shop had a juvenile available a week or so ago. But being new to the hobby, I did not want to buy too much too quickly, so did not buy from TSS when I could & now it's gone:mad::mad::(

I have looked in the places I know of & can find nothing, but sub 1cm slings via So Many Legs. Does anyone else know of one, or two larger options available from a reliable source?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just to add if anyone knows of a source for a Juvenile Honoeomma Chillensis that also has a similar aged Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue) Than that will make my wife really happy too, as she now wants a GBB.

TSS has a GBB, I know & if I cannot find a H Chillensis, then I will order a couple of Carabina Versicolor slings from them. But I would prefer a H Chilenesis.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I’d recommend not holding you hopes out for anything other than a sling. Finding an adult or juv chilensis is like rocking horse ****. As they take so long to grow keepers aren’t willing to let anything grown on go. It’s going to be a long time but it’s better to get slings sooner rather than later.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Only reason I mentioned it is I know there are people on this forum who look almost daily at all vendors available in Europe and would snatch up a chilensis immediately if one was available. In the 3,4,5,6.........however many years you could easily wait to purchase an adult you could have grown a sling or 2 :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
No the so many legs website seems to have problems:(:( I have been trying all day & the site is unable to accept online payments.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No the so many legs website seems to have problems:(:( I have been trying all day & the site is unable to accept online payments.

If you have Facebook I have gotten hold of them through that before. Might be worth a try if site is having issues

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you have Facebook I have gotten hold of them through that before. Might be worth a try if site is having issues

Thanks I did phone, but have heard nothing, but with the Western Invert show being on, I did wonder if that was the cause of that.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good point forgot bout that. They’ll generally stop all sales so they can update site after show. For bigger events like bts some vendors will stop orders for up to 2 weeks before the show.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you everyone for the advice & help. I now have one 6-7cm GBB & 2 C Versicolor slings on order for delivery on Friday via The spider Shop.

The GBB & a G Pulchra that I also have on order, are all the result of my wife looking up various T's & deciding WE must get one of those. So currently with 4 T's on order, unless a larger than 1cm H Chilensis becomes available, then I think it would make good sense to leave it a month or two before expanding the collection any more.

Latest posts