• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

holidays

newtots

3 Year Member
Ok.. it's not for a while yet, but im going on a camping trip with my kids and boyfriend. My only concern is that i now have one adult, one juvenile, and 9 slings ... how do people go on holidays and leave them?? My only hope is getting my dad to water them... every one else is scared of them or would rather do away with them. I'm not too concerned about the food considering most like to fast and I'll only be gone a little under 2 weeks. I just want to make sure they have enough water and humidity. ..any advice? ?

tcrave

3 Year Member
best way is to find someone you can trust if you are gone more than a week. less than a week i usually feed them and moisten ones that need humidity. as long as you dont have any humidity sensitive t's then a person would be best to tarantula sit them

Poec54

3 Year Member
Water bowls can dry out or be fouled and made undrinkable. Slings are especially vulnerable to dehydration. For adults it shouldn't be a problem. If you're going to be gone that long and don't have someone to care for them, put the cages in clear or white plastic bags, and tie them shut. That will keep the water from evaporating as fast.