• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hola

humble_human

3 Year Member
My name is Paula and I've had my Grammostola rosea (F) Atticus for about 10 years now. I'm a Philosophy Major at CSUN and I absolutely love telling people that Atticus is one of my furbabies. I've lurked around this forum for a while and finally made my first post asking how to increase the humidity for my G.rose. I'm really grateful spaces like this exist. :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=sci...YlmoFHX1GA9AQ_B16BAhEEAE#imgrc=7_y11O2dQan3HM

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome paula, thank you for posting little note to say hi.

One thing that's interesting about most new world terrestrial species is that there isn't a lot of dependency on humidity, and they tend to be fairly adaptable. If you are comfortable for the most part they can be too, because they can adapt.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Atticus and her enclosure.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Paula and welcome to the forum!
Have some clean fresh water always available in the enclosure and when the substrate becomes very dry just overflow a little when refilling the water bowl, it’ll be more than enough ;)
Looking forward to seeing your baby who at 10 years old should be in her prime :)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
GifMeme 30122021171522.gif

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello Paula. I have a G rosea too & all I do is overflow the water bowl every several weeks & move the bowl between overflows, so the substrate totally dries out after an overflow.

Edited to add, allowing the substrate to totally dry out after an overflow stops mold.

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

I passed on a G. rosea at and expo last year and I've regretted it ever since. Definitely on my wish list.

humble_human

3 Year Member
Hi Paula and welcome to the forum!
Have some clean fresh water always available in the enclosure and when the substrate becomes very dry just overflow a little when refilling the water bowl, it’ll be more than enough ;)
Looking forward to seeing your baby who at 10 years old should be in her prime :)
Thank you, I really do appreciate the information. I feel like hubby and I messed up by getting her such a massive tank (40 gallons) to begin with so lately I've been worried about whether its comfortable enough for her. I'm relieved to learn that her species is pretty durable but still my aim is to really up my game with her care and her needs. I've made sure to gut load the crickets I feed her but I want to see how else I can improve as her guardian.

humble_human

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

I passed on a G. rosea at and expo last year and I've regretted it ever since. Definitely on my wish list.
Thank you Jeef. We actually adopted her from my hubby's cousin who I believe wanted a dog but had to find her a new home so we took her - that was back in 2011.

Latest posts