• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

High Res Grammostola Rosea Molt, Male or Female?

Male or Female?

• Male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Canadian Tarantula

3 Year Member
Below are images of my Grammostola Rosea, I was wondering if anyone could help me determine if it is Male or Female. I have tried my best to provide quality images.
Saul 2014 MOLT 1.jpg
Saul 2014 MOLT 1.jpg
Saul 2014 MOLT 2.jpg
Saul 2014 MOLT 3.jpg
Saul 2014 MOLT 2.jpg
Saul 2014 MOLT 3.jpg

Also, this is my first time on the forum, and my first post. Hopefully I have done everything correctly.

Thanks for any help/advice

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Below are images of my Grammostola Rosea, I was wondering if anyone could help me determine if it is Male or Female. I have tried my best to provide quality images. View attachment 9460 View attachment 9460 View attachment 9461 View attachment 9462 View attachment 9461 View attachment 9462

Also, this is my first time on the forum, and my first post. Hopefully I have done everything correctly.

Thanks for any help/advice
Hello

For someone to sex the tarantula you'd need a photo of the inner molt,therein the spermatheca lies or doesn't. Look at the photo below.

uploadfromtaptalk1429080293851.jpg

Thivo

3 Year Member
Well really as a beginner, it is very confusing for us to determine if our T's is F or M... And like myself, I am always wishing for a Female T's, so everytime I am looking on my T's while they are holding on their enclosure I am looking to their booklungs if it is wildely separated...

Another indication to determine if T's is male is their Tibial hooks... But you need to wait for them to be mature enough to see those...

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well really as a beginner, it is very confusing for us to determine if our T's is F or M... And like myself, I am always wishing for a Female T's, so everytime I am looking on my T's while they are holding on their enclosure I am looking to their booklungs if it is wildely separated...

Another indication to determine if T's is male is their Tibial hooks... But you need to wait for them to be mature enough to see those...
Hello
I am busy with another way,I have found great results so far even on specimens of 5cm etc. When I have seen more results I will start sharing,until then I'm testing haha.

Thivo

3 Year Member
Great... Thanks for your effort Sir and we appreciate for sharing with us your knowledge...

Canadian Tarantula

3 Year Member
First, I would like to thank everyone who has responded. Thank you for taking the time to help and educate the new enthusiasts.

When this “T” molted, it was my first molt ever. I had hoped to keep the molt well preserved to compare growth over time. In doing so, I made a dumb decision to glue the prosoma… and now I have learned that the molt is vital in determining gender of the tarantula.

Also, I don’t have a macro lens/ macro capability. So I apologize that the images are not very large or detailed. I have tried my best to make them as clear as possible.

Thanks again.
Saul 2014 MOLT 4.jpg
Saul 2014 MOLT 5.jpg
Saul 2014 MOLT 6.jpg

Canadian Tarantula

3 Year Member
Thank you for the help!

Really appreciate the effort and hope the images were good enough. I would have loved her even if it was a male..... her name is Saul though.... so that might need to change lol

Again, thanks a ton!