• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi

Rosebud

I’m a newbie when it comes to owning T’s. I received this as a free gift and need to know how and what to feed it. It is Brazilian Salmon Birdeater
4F1E8D10-5C7D-4FAC-BF3D-3505F6218EAE.jpeg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome to the addiction :).
Lasiodora parahybana are easy to keep. Dry substrate, coco fibre is fine, a small piece of cork bark for a hide and a water bowl, a bottle top will do. They like their food and grow quickly as slings. Some will burrow when small but they make great display Ts when bigger.

Crax

Welcome! And that's quite the responsibility but I bet once you get the hang of it, you'll catch the addiction.
Cute widdle one too! Awesome species. Lasiodora parahybana are quite hardy eaters too. Just take some meal worms and cut them up small enough for them to eat. With that sizes you could probably get away with just a whole meal worm but make sure to pre-kill first. The prey item could harm the little one. So just snip the head off before trying to feed the little guy.

Latest posts