• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi :)

Atabby

Hey! Hi!
Um, I hate introductions but...
I have always been interested in spiders, but have not been that interested in tarantulas, until a couple of months ago when I followed a link in a totally different hobby site and started watching tarantula videos.
Now I am thinking about getting one so I thought it was prudent to read and communicate with Tarantula people.
My husband is not real thrilled with the idea of having a "gigantic biting spider" in the house.. but I can eventually wear him down with just about anything,, heh heh.
So I'm here to read, learn about and admire beautiful tarantulas..

I have had, and kept several "run of the mill" common spiders orb weavers, jumping spiders, Giant house spiders, sheet web spiders and others. I should probably look up the Latin names for them but list them.. but I'm tired of typing atm.

personal info about me, I'm past middle age. A young senior citizen. XD
I'll take my time and get acquainted with the forums before getting an actual spider though.
Cya!!!

Tnoob

You just have to get one, though. Also, if your husband can't handle a big bitey spider then you have a wife.
20190620_234128.jpg

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Get something pretty that has a great feeding response so that there's lots of feedback, tons of great choices.

You can also add Lasiodora species to the mix right next to B vagans and A geniculata.