• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi there i am new to owning a tarantula and moulting advice

Alex Fish

3 Year Member
Hi recently bought a red chilli rose from a very good local pet store he/she is a sub adult. The shop owner had said she/he had not moulted since he had had her/him. S/H has not eaten anything yet for 5 days, and she is begging to bald on her abdomen. I know these are signs of moulting. just some advice would be greatly appreciated. I a just worried that is all as i would like my T live a nice happy life

Thanks Alex

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A bald abdomen is not a sign of moulting, a dark abdomen is. Bald abdomen means she's been kicking hairs.
Rosies are notorious for not eating; occasionaly for over a year. 5 days is nothing to worry about.
Doesn't nessasarily suggest an impending moult.
Rosies are also extremely slow growers, they sometimes go years between moults depending on size.

WTTB

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you can get Roaches, that is the best food source for them. Crickets are not as good, but perfectly acceptable. I wouldn't feed worms as a staple.

Latest posts