• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from Bangkok!

John in Bangkok

3 Year Member
Hi All!

I just got my first T 2 days ago. I bought her from a shop in Chatuchak Market in Bangkok Thailand. This market is well known for dealing in exotics, so no telling what you may find, as it changes daily/weekly. The shop owner bought it from a guy who said it was a Thai spider, but now that it has grown, he suspected that it was from Vietnam, based on it's size, but really was unsure. I have no idea what it is as I am brand new to this, and I have posted it on another forum but no luck identifying it yet.

She is very aggressive. I tried to put a measuring tape behind her to take a photo and she turned around, reared up, and struck at it several times and wouldn't let go. I had to slowly pull the tape measure away to get her to release it. I tried to feed her a ****roach but she wouldn't take it. She has now webbed herself into her hide and has not come out in 2 days. I am not worried yet, as she may be ready to moult.

Any one care to take a guess at what she is?
2017-08-27 17.28.42.jpg
2017-08-27 18.24.05.jpg

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome. Love talking with folks from all over the world. Great to have your aboard.

@John in Bangkok, you are the proud owner of a Thai Zebra Bird Eating Tarantula: H.albostriatum. They get large, grow fast, are quite quick, and tend to be aggressive.

Love her. She is adorable.

Latest posts