• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi Everyone!

Bree Castrat

3 Year Member
Hello! My name is Bree and I live in Seattle. I am a long time T lover and just recently became a first time T owner. My baby girl is a sweet as can be A. Avic named Charlotte and I just adore her!
I am hoping to meet lots of other T lovers here and make some friends who can help me be the best T owner I can be! I hope to have a large collection someday and want to make sure they are all happy as they can be.
Right now I'm a bit worried about Charlotte. I came home from work to find her sitting in the substrate at the bottom of her tank, which is not normal for her. I know (well, pretty sure) she's not in pre-molt as she ate this morning and she hasn't webbed at all.
I'm thinking perhaps my husband is over feeding? I usually give her a medium sized cricket about every 3-4 days, but he enjoys watching her hunt.
I would greatly appreciate any thoughts and/or advice!
Thanks!

Atx13

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forums! As for your concern, its perfectly normal for avics to hang out at the bottom of their enclosures from time to time, as long as she has water available, its warm and humid shell be fine.

Bree Castrat

3 Year Member
Hi Guys! Thanks for the welcome! I'm so glad to hear it's not an issue! She did eventually go back up to her plant so I figured she was ok. I do have pic's but I'm away for the weekend (don't worry, she's in good care while I am away) but I will post some when I get back! I am so glad to have found other T lovers!

Bree Castrat

3 Year Member
IMG_20130225_175824.jpg