• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!
Hey y'all, I kept tarantulas in my late teens about 7 or 8 years ago and recently my interest has been re-sparked. Although admittedly I probably wasn't following all the rules back then, I'm stoked to get back into it and do it the right way.

I currently don't have any T's, but am getting everything prepped and doing my research to purchase a chromatopelma cyaneopubescens within the next month or so.

I do have a quick question if some one would be kind enough to give some advice. All of the websites I have looked at do not offer over night shipping to be delivered on a Saturday, and 2 day shipping has no Live Arrival guarantee. The issue with this is, I work a Mon-Fri, 8 to 5 job. So whats worse for a T, spending two days in shipping or spending all day in a 100 degree mailbox?

Any response would be much appreciated.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, welcome back to the hobby.:)

One suggestion on delivery is could you get it delivered to your work?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Definitely don't want a t sitting in a mailbox in 100º heat. The inside will be much hotter. T's can be shipped safely over 2-3 days if packaged correctly, but you always want to minimize the time if possible, for the spider's safety. Some folks wont ship or receive unless its overnite delivery.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I only do over night. Only costs a little more.

I also only like to ship Mon-Wed. If anything unexpected happens, I don't want my live animals sitting in some warehouse over the weekend.

I think the work option is a good one. If that doesn't work, I was going to suggest a friend or relative who might be home during the day time.

And good choice on the gbb. They are pretty and colorful through all life stages. Easy keepers and good eaters too.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Casey K and Jamie's tarantulas are very good about getting the shipping right.

Fear not tarantulas and palp friction have dozens of great reviews by others. I haven't purchased from them yet however.

If you can get the exact day of shipment ahead of time, it might even be worth taking a sick or personal leave day off from work to sign for them.

Latest posts