• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey There

DiscoCyanide

Hiya! I'm Sarah, but I chose my tarantula's name as my username so I guess just call me by that or whatever. I'm in Portland, Oregon and very new to the hobby. I got my first and only tarantula about a year ago from Spider Shoppe. It's a Caribena Versicolor, and I love it so much. It's had two molts with me now, of course, completely torn up to make sexing difficult. I love watching them make additions to their little web tunnel. I'm not great at snapping good pics, so this one I got will have to do. This is Disco Cyanide:

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome. It sounds like you are taking the right approach to things. I have not kept either of those species but there are plenty here who have.

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
I think my next one is going to be a Tliltocatl Albopilosus named Coach Beard, but it'll be awhile till I can make space for it and do all the proper research.
They are great. I have one sexed female that I have had since it was a sling. She's about 2.5 years old and at this point approx 4-5 inches distal. She is kept in Kirkland pretzel jar that is rectangular approx. 6"x6"x8"(it might be a littke bigger). Mostly coco fiber with a little repti-soil(? I forget the name, but you get the idea) but mostly coc fiber. I soak one of the corners weekly (she buries any water dish I leave).

Latest posts