• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey all

Danilo

3 Year Member
Hi , just want to say a quick hello and a bit of background about me
I'm returning to the hobby after a break of a couple of years due to work commitments ,family life etc .

I started off as most people and bought one tarantula that quickly turned it to lots and lots of tarantulas lol .
I use to breed a few of them and sell them on different sites , and purchase more T's or reptiles with whatever I got .

So anyway I'm just in the process of purchasing a few slings (let's see how long it lasts as only a few) as I like rearing them from tiny and sexing the molts then pairing them off .

I've always been attracted to the hottest T's and am going to go down this route again so pokies , S.Calceatum , OBt's etc will be what I'm getting .

I've never been on this forum before and after researching what the best T forums and what I'm looking for I found this to be the most informative and friendly so here I am .

So hello again and look forward to learning and contributing and chatting to you all round the boards .

Danilo

Last edited:

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great site choice. Concur: most friendly and informative site. It's awesome that you are jumping back right into the deep end. (Baboons and Pokies) Ennie has some experience with starting in the deep end.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, my first 2 Ts as a complete novice were a juvenile OBT and a Pokie sling. My view I as long as you know what they're capable of treat them accordingly there is no problem.

Danilo

3 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcomes :T:
I'm still trying to decide where to purchase from as I always bought from Lee at the spider shop but there doesn't seem to be much in stock now .

I've found spider world.eu to have loads and very reasonable price but a bit dubious to buy from overseas as there is no live guarantees and the distance is a huge risk.

Might have to take a chance as I want multiples of each T and going to get all the pokies to start off with .....and maybe a couple OBt's lol

Where do you guys get your T's from ?

Again thanks for the welcomes ;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use both spiderworld.eu and spidershop.pl regularly. Both will courier your Ts to you in a nice warm van if you ask. The way it works is the courier collects on Friday and delivers to you Saturday or Sunday and you pay the courier on delivery.
I buy most of my terrariums from spidershop.pl and any Ts I buy come with them, in fact my next order will also bring a snake.

Danilo

3 Year Member
Thanks mate that's what I will do .

Been watching The dark den on YouTube and that's where got the heads up for the shop and I like the guy who does them so will give it a shot now

Thanks again :)

Danilo

3 Year Member
Hey ,it's been a while but I had to put things on hold due to a house move but finally I own some T's again
I have a female and male poeciletheria regalis sub adults
And
8 poeciletheria vittata slings
So not a bad start to things again I feel and am more than happy .

Now not to buy anymore for the time being (easier said than done)

Will throw some pics up in a day or two once everyone has settled

Last edited:

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi , just want to say a quick hello and a bit of background about me
I'm returning to the hobby after a break of a couple of years due to work commitments ,family life etc .

I started off as most people and bought one tarantula that quickly turned it to lots and lots of tarantulas lol .
I use to breed a few of them and sell them on different sites , and purchase more T's or reptiles with whatever I got .

So anyway I'm just in the process of purchasing a few slings (let's see how long it lasts as only a few) as I like rearing them from tiny and sexing the molts then pairing them off .

I've always been attracted to the hottest T's and am going to go down this route again so pokies , S.Calceatum , OBt's etc will be what I'm getting .

I've never been on this forum before and after researching what the best T forums and what I'm looking for I found this to be the most informative and friendly so here I am .

So hello again and look forward to learning and contributing and chatting to you all round the boards .

Danilo
Hey ,it's been a while but I had to put things on hold due to a house move but finally I own some T's again
I have a female and male poeciletheria regalis sub adults
And
8 poeciletheria vittata slings
So not a bad start to things again I feel and am more than happy .

Now not to buy anymore for the time being (easier said than done)

Will throw some pics up in a day or two once everyone has settled
Welcome back to the hobby, and the forum! :)

Danilo

3 Year Member
Thanks everyone :)

I know I said i wouldn't but I've bought another T lol

I couldn't resist and got another pokie , but this time poeciletheria rufilata .

So I'm now up to 11 in the space of a week

Off topic but does anyone know how long the postage from spiderworld.eu takes to the UK on average once posted ?......
I paid for the van but it doesn't come to my part of Scotland so can only post

Last edited:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

I couldn't resist and got another pokie , but this time poeciletheria rufilata .

Off topic but does anyone know how long the postage from spiderworld.eu takes to the UK on average once posted ?......
@Shampain

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Congrats on the new T. Most of my orders from spiderworld.eu have taken 5 days. Occasional deliveries from Poland have been up to 9 days but I've not had a DOA yet.

Danilo

3 Year Member
Thanks , just need the weather to warm up a bit then they can be posted ,
5 days isn't too bad I suppose seeing the distance there coming .

@Enn49 do you get tracking info so you know when there going to arrive ?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks , just need the weather to warm up a bit then they can be posted ,
5 days isn't too bad I suppose seeing the distance there coming .

@Enn49 do you get tracking info so you know when there going to arrive ?

@Danilo You do get tracking from spiderworld.eu I think but it only works in Poland, for some reason our wonderful Royal Mail don't track them here and that is usually the slowest part of the trip.

Danilo

3 Year Member
Thanks @Enn49 , no surprises with royal mail then :)

I've had the vittata for 6 days now and had a first moult last night

Not the best pic but
IMG_20180321_141459429_1521642311635_2.JPG
IMG_20180321_141545880_1521642311244_1.JPG