• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!

Bryan

Hi everyone! I've just got my first tarantula,which is a baby Grammostola pulchripes recently.The seller told me to feed her(actually I don't know whether its a male or female) straight away after I receive her as her previous meal was like one and a half week ago.So I've followed the sellers advice and she doesn't seem like wanna take her meal.What should i do?
wx_camera_1539011924055.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If she hasn't eaten it within 24 hours you need to remove it and try again in 4-5 days.

Welcome to the hobby btw.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the hobby! Leave that wallet out, you'll be buying more tarantulas before too long!
You don't need to worry too much if a tarantula doesn't eat, as long as the abdomen is plump there's no need to worry, keep a water dish full though.
If you feel like the food is intimidating the spider you can kill it and/or cut it up and leave it overnight, it might be the problem. Of course smaller live prey may be what's needed to get a response, worth trying but chances are it's just not hungry, they can go months without food so don't worry too much.

Bryan

Welcome to the hobby! Leave that wallet out, you'll be buying more tarantulas before too long!
You don't need to worry too much if a tarantula doesn't eat, as long as the abdomen is plump there's no need to worry, keep a water dish full though.
If you feel like the food is intimidating the spider you can kill it and/or cut it up and leave it overnight, it might be the problem. Of course smaller live prey may be what's needed to get a response, worth trying but chances are it's just not hungry, they can go months without food so don't worry too much.
Thanks for the welcome! I've tried to kill the feeder roach and hope it'll work...

Latest posts